The practice has a computerised repeat prescription system. Prescriptions can be requested up to 2 weeks in advance with a 1 week limit for certain "Controlled Drugs". With the doctors agreement you may obtain repeat medication by:
- Filling out a request sheet in reception.
- Posting a written note through our prescription letterbox at the front of the surgery.
- Emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asking your pharmacy to request the medication for you (available at selected pharmacies only).
- Using your Online Services account to request repeat medications (please note you may not find all medications on your account and may have to use a method above to request the missing items)
Please include your name, DOB and full list of medications required.
Repeat requests will not be taken over the telephone unless it has been agreed with the doctors.
Please allow 48 working hours for repeat prescription requests. If you have made an arrangement with the local pharmacy to collect you prescription then please allow more than 48 working hours.
*Although we endeaver to advise all patients of any issues arising from medicaiton requests, it is not always possible to advise a patient if an item has been rejected.
Find a Pharmacy
Click here to find a pharmacy near to you
Prescriptions Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
Click here for details of the current charges
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a pre payment certificate.
- The quickest way to order a PPC is online - Buy or Renew a PPC Online
- If you need help buying a PPC, call us on 0300 330 1341
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website